MMILL team processing

For the Maine MILL project my team is working on the virtual tour aspect. We started off by just learning how to use thing link and processing the materials. Once we got accustomed with our project, we were able to divide each section up. While each of us are focusing on our own individual section we are always helping each other when we can. I focused on the shoe industry portion. I set up my section so that the information flow together through each segment. The work that was involved in the making of the virtual tour was going through all the photos and textual information and organizing the materials. The project appears to be in its final stages at the moment. I expected the project to contain a lot more material than we were given. We are planning to have a workshop where we check each other's before we submit the project. There are many digital humanities concepts in this project. A couple of them are data collection, virtual spaces, and accessibility online. Our work on this project will contribute to the Museums goal of allowing this information to reach more people. If I were to carry my work forward, I would continue to add information to the virtual tour and make it more interactive. 



Comments

  1. I'm glad you were able to create a good virtual tour when given not a lot of materials/information to work with. Online accessibility is very important and with your 360 tour you guys are really helping with the visualization aspect of the website. I am excited to see your groups final results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the addition of your group's virtual tour will be a great asset to the site. Not many people have easy access to the Lewiston-Auburn area, so having a way to visit online should prove to be a really cool and useful feature. Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maps & Virtual Spaces

What is digital humanities?

Blog post 2: Data & Digitilzation