Web Presentation and Design

I think Chapter 11 really speaks to what we have learned throughout this semester, and reminds the reader of how intricate the digital humanities are once and for all. It can be easy to attribute digital projects to an online sphere, especially considering all the online works we have studied, but it's a helpful reminder that many digital works transcend this format, such as certain collections, publications, and exhibits. I found examples of metadata, HTML pages, and various avenues of coding to influence overall presentation to be exceptionally relevant to my final web presentation, and I believe that my platform choice will be heavily influenced by these topics. While I'm not skilled in coding whatsoever, I do plan to make my website unique and customized to portray my ideas to the best of my ability. On page 196 of the textbook, the concept of a digital exhibit is explored, and the text states that "the content might simply need to be organized, designed, and presented. A simple HTML page with a style sheet in CSS would be sufficient, but a platform like WordPress will also provide an easy way to create pages, themes, and sub-themes within a site." This opens my mind up to trying out different platforms, in that I plan to create a digital exhibit, to test what will best suit what I plan to create.

Through an informed decision of interface, customization of presentation, and deliberate design, I believe I will be able to accurately portray the digital exhibit I plan to.

Comments

  1. Hi Jordan! I agree that the many examples the textbook provided for us helped us build a good base for how to create a good website of our own. I am excited to see your digital exhibit as you uniquely create your own ideas based off of the web presentation we learned about in the textbook.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maps & Virtual Spaces

What is digital humanities?

Data and Visualization and Mining