Interface & e-lit

The two following hypertexts fit into this "genre" of literature because the two are considered to be a setting where there is a space that you can interact with. Our course book defines the "genre" of literature we are viewing as interface, "Interface is the embodiment of the contents of the project, a guide to how a visitor can move through it, and a support for actions that can be taken for use" (Drucker 172). Each of the hypertexts allowed the viewer to interact with the projects making them both good examples of interface. In The Digital Humanities Coursebook, Drucker discusses that a good interface and interactive design will provide many links to move the viewer (Drucker 180). Both of these interactive designs contained links to different areas of the site that allowed you to go back and forth whenever you wanted. Containing these links in an interactive design led to an accessible page. These two hypertexts were especially good at using elements of literature to keep the viewer entertained through the conflict of The Depression Quest or the personal entries in My Body. 

    While considering my design for my interface I would look like to create a very interactive page. While viewing the two hypertexts I realized how much I enjoyed travelling through many links to get to the outcome. I will also be sure to add a menu bar for my page to help the viewer interact more efficiently. Another design I would like to try and add to my own web presentation is to have a symbol pop up on the tab of my webpage. 

Comments

  1. I also love the process of journeying through hyperlinks to find an outcome. I would agree that a menu would be a nice option, as I wanted to pause or go back in Quinn's interface on several occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her idea of interface as a guide for readers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maps & Virtual Spaces

What is digital humanities?

Data and Visualization and Mining