Web Presentation and Design

    The last two chapters focused on ways digital humanities can be utilized. According to the book, "not all digital scholarship ends up online" (Drucker, 193). Rather, many tools in digital humanities can be used, such as data mining or text analysis, even if the contents are not published online. This idea is relevant to my final web presentation, as I will likely be taking many research methods based in the digital humanities and applying them to my project. 

    Further, the book also discussed the importance of planning a project. Some factors I will need to consider include intellectual property and the afterlife of my website. I will need to consider what purpose my site will exist for, and how I intend to continue, if I desire to. Choosing a platform that reflects my intention is important, since I need something that is simple to navigate and visually appealing. My platform will designed to attract viewers to key content, and have a hands on approach for viewers. For my MEdiation plans, I will also need consider how I will provide credit to the University for portraying their campus, while developing a unique web space.

Comments

  1. This is a really good summary of the handbook and does a good job explaining all the important parts. I think with these steps you will find success in your making of the MEdiation project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I also thought the idea of "not all digital scholarships end up online" was impactful. Since I want to be a teacher, I will be taking the skills I have learned from this class offline as well as online in my future classroom. I have noticed my presentation skills online have become more advanced in my other classes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maps & Virtual Spaces

What is digital humanities?

Data and Visualization and Mining