Web Presentation and Design

 


After reaching the final chapters of the textbook I feel that I am almost ready to make my own website confidently. I know way more now about things like how important usability is, presentation, and even a couple of things on htmls that I never thought I'd need to know, specifically how it connects your content to the specific site/spot. Databases and data mining also helped me now know what to/what I am looking for within a digital project/and or site. There was a part in chapter eleven that is relevant to my project because it helped me finalize a decision on what platform I am using for making my website. Drucker wrote in regards to choosing a platform these four helpful tips:

  • "Always follow the tutorial, read the documentation, and look at the demos, examples, and export options. [See Exercise #4: Export Functions.]
  • Check to see what degree of customization is possible. Are you limited to the themes and templates provided or can you re-style and restructure?
  • Figure out how modular the platform is. Can you extend it easily, and

  • add features and functions?
  • What is the security record for a platform? How often will you need to
  • update plugins to keep it secure?" (Drucker 198). 
Using these tips and after my classmates platform presentations I think I'll be using wix to make my site. It has plenty of examples and templates as well as easy to use tools for building. Especially since one of the things the book taught me was how important an interface is, it is important to choose the right place to build my site so I can make a visually pleasing webpage 

Comments

  1. I like how you broke it down into a simple process. The four steps were very helpful, to give an idea of what to look for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maps & Virtual Spaces

What is digital humanities?

Data and Visualization and Mining