Web Presentation & Design

 After finishing The Digital Humanities Coursebook by Johanna Drucker I have a better understanding of what our presentation-focused stages in Digital Humanities should look like. All the materials that we have learned about this semester are going to be crucial building blocks in developing our final project. Chapter eleven focused on what our final web presentation and format should look like which can be applied to the MEdiation project. For the web presentation I learned that we will be using materials from previous chapters such as processing materials, text analysis, and data mining to create the final web presentation. I learned that there are a couple of steps to follow when selecting a platform, “Picking a platform requires making a list of the design specifications and function your project requires and then finding the tool that will support this” (Drucker, 199). Having a main goal will be a relevant piece in the presentation- focused stages of the project. While creating my MEdiation project I will address the specific structure I want in the final stages. The platform that I will choose will be a tool that reflects what I have learned about interface, presentation, and design because I will have to apply my expertise on the following topics to create my MEdiation project.


Comments

  1. Hi Natalia! I think the platform selection quote you chose from the readings was a perfect encapsulation of why picking a platform is a key step to fully design a website's structure. I also think that you are absolutely right when you say that a primary goal will be a strong foundation when crafting your MEdiation project! I very much look forward to seeing your final project in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maps & Virtual Spaces

What is digital humanities?

Data and Visualization and Mining